November 27, 2010

Got Leftovers?

How many times have you eaten turkey in the past 72 hours?

I don't cook the turkey but for the past bunch of years my cousin hands me the turkey carcass at the end of the night. I can pick a good two pounds of meat off the bones so when I'm looking to do something creative to it, I turn to the Food Network website.

If you still have some leftovers and need a new recipe, check out Food Network's Thanksgiving 2010 Leftovers page. My personal favorite use of turkey leftovers is Rachael Ray's Turkey Corn Chili recipe. Try it over brown rice for a change of pace from the usual flavors of Thanksgiving.

Let's make sure none of those leftovers are left to languish in the back of the fridge. Clear containers are best--no tin foil surprises at the end of the week.

Get ready to purge your fridge anyway...Hannukah, Christmas and Kwanzaa are just a few weeks away.

Gobble, gobble...

No comments: