February 2, 2012

Organizing on the Cheap: Target Dollar Spot

I love Target. I find it to be a very enjoyable place to shop. Stores are always brightly lit and clean. Staff in red shirts are ready to help and price scanners are plentiful.

Last week I stopped by my local Target for some random items--cleaning supplies, picture hangers, strawberries--a typical day of one-stop shopping. The first thing I did when I walked in the store was check out the weekly sale circular on the wall. Then, I headed straight to the Dollar Spot.

According to the Target website, The Dollar Spot was launched in 2004. If you haven't stumbled upon it, it's usually the first shopping area you see when you walk in the store. All of the items in the Dollar Spot cost $1 with a few costing $2.50. It's a great place to pick up items for holidays, kids, pets and organizing.

Really? Organizing products for $1?

Yes--you're not going to find elfa shelves here but you if you check the bins from time to time, you will find a few organizing products mixed in with the socks, books, and Hello Kitty paraphernalia.

Here's are some organizing products I found at the Target Dollar Spot last week:


Magazine Files - for storing papers, folders and of course, magazines.


Decorative File Folders - Although it's only a 2-pack, it's an inexpensive way to brighten up your desk or file cabinet.


Large coupon file - use for Bed, Bath and Beyond coupons, receipts, anything on large slips of paper.


Small coupon/receipts file - good too, for storing gift cards and photographs.


Weekly Menu/Shopping List To-Do Pads - useful for getting thoughts out of your head and onto paper.


I bought the above bin for my pantry--I'll show you how I'm using it to organize food and save time in a future blog post.

Next time you go to Target for hairspray, light bulbs, or a garden hose, be sure to wander over to the Dollar Spot. Be on the lookout for products to help you get and stay organized. You never know what you'll find!

No comments: